Monday, May 23, 2011

Starting Something New: Food Week in Pictures-Sunday

I challenged myself to take pictures and post every meal, snack, bite and drink I consumed this week. I decided to do this for two reasons known to me at this time. There may be another reason once the week is complete. Like any good experiment, we shall see what the end results tell us. First of all, I needed to get back into the swing of posting on here more regularly. I love doing this, but time has been hard to come by lately. If I'm going to blog, it needs to be a priority in order to really be anything.

Secondly, I wanted to really see what I was eating...not just on paper (or computer log) like I do with Weight Watchers now. I wanted to see my portion sizes and really get a feel for my week in food.

So here goes.

I started Sunday with a pancake that was leftover from Saturday. I put 1 Tbsp of reduced fat peanut butter and 1 Tbsp of low calorie maple syrup on top. Like every morning I had coffee with 2 Tbsp almond milk and 1 packet of Splenda. Thanks to the small amount of protein from the peanut butter this held me over until lunch time without much hunger. I also took the Lord's Supper but, as I'm sure you can understand, I didn't capture a picture of that.

For lunch, we stopped at Panera Bread. I ordered the Thai Chopped Chicken Salad, which I've had before, thinking it was healthy. Now, while it was healthy and had great flavor, it was higher in points than I thought. It was 10 points and I had half the whole grain baguette so that added another 4 points. 14 points just for lunch. My total count for the day will make sense taking this into account. PS--I drink water with most every meal throughout the day as I've stopped drinking soda.


Per usual, I needed an afternoon "sweet." Brent and I split a chocolate chip cookie from Panera Bread. My half was 6 points.


Sunday was a gorgeous day so we decided to grill some burgers. I made them with 95% lean ground beef, an egg for binding and a sprinkle of panko bread crumbs. We also grilled some onions. Our other toppings included avocado, lettuce, tomato and 1/2 of a slice of 2% Swiss cheese. I also used mustard all atop a Sara Lee whole wheat bun. I cut some potatoes into "planks" and drizzled them with olive oil and sprinkled with garlic pepper, salt and a ca jun seasoning. We also grilled those. This dinner was a little high in points, but we felt great afterwards. We ended up eating up all the extra veggie toppings too! Dinner was 17 points plus my glass of wine, so a total of 20!
Overall I felt good about my day, however I used 49 points. For those that aren't familiar with Weight Watchers, I get 29 each day. There are extra points you can earn and/or use up. So I'm not fretting too much...YET.

No comments:

Post a Comment